Set of Nuts or Stoppers wanted

Do you have gear to sell? Looking for gear? Wanted & For Sale. Post it here.
Pictures will help you sell your gear faster.
ironclimb

Set of Nuts or Stoppers wanted

Postby ironclimb » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of nuts or stoppers. I've been saving up but still a bit short to buy new. It seems like trad gear is gold to climbers and once they have it, they hang on to it.
Let me know if you have anything, otherwise I'll continue to save and wait a few more months and buy a new set.

Thanks

Justin

Re: Set of Nuts or Stoppers wanted

Postby Justin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Work now, buy gear, Climb later :eye:
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Ghaznavid

Re: Set of Nuts or Stoppers wanted

Postby Ghaznavid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 pm

ironclimb wrote:It seems like trad gear is gold to climbers and once they have it, they hang on to it.

Exactly! And there's a good reason for that - it tends to last a lifetime if well looked after and slings/wires are replaced when necessary.

I am in the same boat - saving up for trad gear, just find a place to get a good price. I compared 3 prices, a local climbing shop, Mountain Mailorder and the climbing gym I go to. For a fairly small cam it was literally R800 vs R780 vs R600 (my climbing gym being the cheapest). Any way, you don't want to buy a piece of second hand gear on which you will be placing your life when you don't know why they sold it.
"There is something fundamentally wrong in treating the Earth as if it were a business in liquidation." Herman E Daly

Return to “Garage Sale”