It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: odd size feet
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 am 

I have a foot problem, left foot EUR 41 right foot EUR 40 if anyone has the same problem, but opposite feet let me know and we can exchange climbing shoes and feel good again on those tinny footholds. I use five ten anasazi velcro and five ten aproach shoes. The other problem is smelly feet, but thats normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:56 am 

I've never heard of anyone who climbs with 2 dif shoe sizes. One foot is always bigger than the other, don't worry you learn to live with it lol. One of my friends are a 41 43 and he manages fine...Just buy them nice and tight and you'll be fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:42 am 

Hey Zook,
I have good knowledge that Stuboy requires proper size shoes in order to climb grades above 8a and +... :)
There must be some Funky feeters out there to help the boy :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:27 pm 

Thanks zook, but I'm talking about climbing shoes not flippers, thought this was a climbing site, cool to have some divers and surfers checking in though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:23 pm 

....Hey I'm lost, what you on about?
My one foot is good bit bigger than the other (not that you can see it lol) but when I climbing into some new climbing shoes I def feel it, yet I've never had that prob, cause I HATE climbing with loose fitting shoes mine is real tight. When I bought them the guy at the shop chucked me into some 43 and said they sit great...in the end I decide to go for a 41... I got a pair of Sportiva Miura's and its a pretty aggressive shoe but they sit great - ya the first few weeks was hell but now their GREAT!!
Only reason I said it is cause I actually wanted to buy 2 dif sizes when I first started climbing and guys that has been in the sport for over 20 years and the ones that been in it for 4 told me its just not the way you do it. Just suck it up and you'll get used to it. And I will advise the same now cause I see where they are coming from...won't dream of trying to dif sizes now....

But then again that's just my opinion hey, shoes can def shove of your grade...

I do kitesurfing...but this time round I was talking about climbing shoes :lol:
I'm probably not a pro amongst the boys here but I have been climbing for 2 odd years now and climb good grades...shoes work just fine for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:05 pm 

:twisted:

Last edited by Grigri on Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:28 am 

Thank you very much zook and grigri, but I wasn't asking for advice. I've been climbing for over 20 years and the problem didn't just sudenly appear. I have bought two pares before and thrown the odd ones away and have to stuff a little more than a sponge to fill the gap, and then the shoes don't realy fit the same, but thanks for the tip. I have tried other brands, but if one foot is a whole size smaller, then it is a whole size smaller! So if any one has a size 40 left foot and a 41 right foot let me know, preferably Five Ten Velcro. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:39 pm 

Sorry! You could always amputate ur toes!