It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re: Bosch Kloof Closed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm 

RE: Legoland Access

Three weeks ago we parked our car at Legoland. CJ Johnson of Die Tol Huis approached us aggressively and threatened us. He accused us of defacing the nature and without giving us time to get off the routes he locked us in. I had a few words with him as he proceeded to drive over our climbing gear. I told him I would cut the lock and he said if we want to get out we must pay him the sum of R50. I proceeded to cut the chain and leave with a laugh.

The owner of De Tol Huis : CJ Johnson owns land 100meters from legoland towards bosch kloof. He does not own the area up to and including legoland although he claims to on emotive grounds. He has put up false signs claiming that legoland is his private property. Legoland is the property of Paul Bruwer. This has been confirmed on legal grounds.

The true owner of legoland is Paul Bruwer. My dad spoke with him last night and he is happy that climbers continue to use legoland area. There is consideration as to moving the gate as well as the fallacious signage that CJ Johnson has unlawfully errected. This will be discussed in further meeting with Paul.

Please advise climbers on these grounds that Legoland access has been confirmed by Paul Bruwer. If there should be any problems with further aggression and restriction by C.J Johnson, it is advised to notify Montagu Police.

Thank you
Matt Bush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 pm 

OK...I may not be particularly well informed, but Justin, what has happened regarding this in the last 3 years?
I presume the area is still closed off?

Cheers,
Cuan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm 

Hi,

Bosch Kloof remains closed, we are currently in communication with the owners regarding access. Please refrain from entering the kloof, driving through the entrance gate (and parking at or anywhere along the road).

As soon as we have an answer, we'll let you know.

Thanks,
Justin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 pm 

Merci' for the update :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 pm 

Drove past Legoland last Friday (the 5th - around 11am), and was particularly annoyed to see a black 4x4 having driven through the gate, and parked off the side of the road very close to where the first climbs start. Two climbers were busy on one of the routes.

Was in a hurry and with other people, so didn't have time or inclination to stop and confront these morons, but this type of behavior certainly doesn't help towards reopening Bosch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm 

Quote:
Drove past Legoland last Friday (the 5th - around 11am), and was particularly annoyed to see a black 4x4 having driven through the gate, and parked off the side of the road very close to where the first climbs start.

I can't understand that ... Legoland has the shortest walk in of any crag I know?? How lazy are people?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 pm 

I've had to ask a couple of people to remove their vehicles from the area in the past. The main reason given (including the black 4x4) is that they are worried about their cars being broken into / have stuff strapped on the outside of the vehicle that can easily be stolen.

There was one incident +- 6 years ago when a vehicle was broken into at the Legoland parking lot (which means it was probably a one time passing vehicle who did the deed).

In short: The Legoland parking lot is a safe place to park and use, do not go into the kloof or park beyond the entrance gate.

Tx :thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm 

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who has been obeying the ban at Boschkloof.
We went to Bosch the other day to check on a few things and noticed chalk on some of the routes, so it is likely that some people were in there not too long ago.

Please note that the whole of Bosch Kloof remains closed.
Legoland (which is owned by the same person) remains open - please continue to keep the area clean.

The good news, negotiations with the owners are going positively and climbers will get to climb there again one day.

In the mean time... The whole of Bosch Kloof remains closed.

Please do jeopardise the access by entering this area.

And just in case you were not sure...
Once again: The whole of Bosch Kloof remains closed at this time.