Quantcast
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm 

I was at Skoorsteen Kop last week and arrived at the gate entrance to find additional chains and padlocks on the gates, along with the original combination lock. I phoned the security company, who gave me the same combination code, but did not know anything of the chains and could only suggest jumping over the fences (heavy barbed wire).
We did so, to be met by SANParks on the other side asking for level 3 (proof they had no idea about sport climbing permits, we argued for a minute) permits. After discussion they let us through and we had a great climb.

Does anyone know what's up with this situation or who has keys to the padlocks, because I don't find jumping over the fence a sustainable option (my granny wont fix my torn pants again :wink: )

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:27 am 

Hi James,
Did anyone get back to you about this?
Anyone else been to Skoorsteen Kop lately?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:09 pm 

Hi,

I haven't heard anything further on the situation there, neither have I been able to return since then to see for myself. I have the feeling the people living adjacent to the track may have put on the locks though, to try avoid people jumping over their fence from the track. In that case, perhaps it would be beneficial to chat to them and work out an agreement so that we still have access (especially since it is actually illegal to restrict access to municipal land)