It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:52 pm 

I'm travelling to Durban from the UK in mid-March 2014 for work and plan to add on an extra week or two to go climbing and / or bouldering afterwards.

Can anyone recommend me places to go or groups to meet up with? As i'm not visiting for long i won't have any equipment with me so i guess will need to meet up with a local club or group.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, i live in London so never get the chance to climb outside and am really excited about visiting South Africa!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:17 pm 

Hi David

Come to Southern Rock Climbing Centre to meet some climbers and make plans from there. You're sure to find some keen beans who will happily show you the local spots. See you in March.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm 

Hi Illona,

Thanks for your reply, i typically managed to forget my password and username and have only just managed to log back on to respond!

I will definitely be dropping in on Southern Rock, i just checked out the website and it looks great, plus the harnesses they have in the shop are half the price of the cheapest UK ones, i'll definitely be investing whilst i'm there.

I hope to be able to drop by on the 23rd of March and find some climbing partners, i'll be happy to do bouldering or top / lead climbing with anyone who's willing to join me and once i get my harness will have all my own kit bar the rope.

Look forward to seeing you then!

David