It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:43 pm 

To a friendly Capetonian,

My fiancee and I will be in Cape Town over the festive period (23rd Dec 2013 - 11th Jan 2014) and hope to get climbing. However, we're both novices, and while we can belay okay, we wouldn't be comfortable setting up our own top ropes. Also, we have some kit limitations as we'll be travelling from UK. We're only bringing shoes, harnesses and belay plates.

We're looking for a friendly soul to help us by providing some advice and hopefully kit (rope and quick draws) so that we can do some sport climbing. We'll be staying with relatives in the southern suburbs so if you climb around that area (Peer's Cave, Silvermine, Table Mountain, etc.) and would like to meet up for a half-day/day/week of climbing, please get in touch. You'd be a great help.

I've just looked at http://www.capeclimb.co.za/, and while their excursions look fantastic, we can't afford R3,000 for the day and would ideally like to climb as many times as possible (family commitments permitting). We can provide transport (hire car), lunch and eternal gratitude to anyone willing to help us out. We're both in our twenties (just) and can haul our own weight (i.e. we can facilitate you climbing too!).

If you're an experienced/safe climber and would like to boost your karma by meeting up or offering some advice, please reply to this post.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
Robstani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm 

Hello Rob

I've sent you a private message and will gladly help your cause, I live in the southern subs.