Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 am 

After reading Forkets post regarding the "theft" of routes I was reminded that I have left Tat on a project that I bolted that my wife and a friend were working before I moved to Durban 3 years ago. It is the line between "One more bite" and "More than I could chew". The owner of the land Charl van der Merwe kindly allowed me to keep the project closed, but it has dawned upon me that we are unlikely to get to that crag in the near future to do the FA ascent of this project and that it is unreasonable for me to keep it closed. If this project has not been climbed by somebody without me knowing about it, it is now an open project and anybody that can climb 22/23 comfortably can go and open it. Thank you to Richard Halsey for not opening it when he went to climb there. Please remember however that the crag is new and there are still pieces of rock that might break. Please climb and belay with a helmet and if you are thinking of bolting new lines there, the bottom third of the rock on the main wall definitely requires glue-in bolts. It is an awesome crag with mega development potential. Thank you to Charl for sponsoring the bolts for some of the routes bolted and for giving me access to bolt these routes. Safe climbing and regards Russell Warren.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 am 

Thanks for opening it up. Pritty cool. I however do not consider sending something as "theft". Don't insult the weak

Ebert Nel

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:51 am 

Hey Russell! We have been putting up some new routes at Houdenbek and Rolfe Van Breda sent your project this weekend. Very honorable of you to open it up. He reckons it is a 22 and called it Unwitting Accomplice.

There are about 10 new routes now and 5 of them 15 to 19 so the crag is getting rounded out nicely.

Charl and Johalet have been excellent hosts and the new route have gotten Charl out climbing more! It is always nice to see a landowner that is keen for controlled development (Please speak to Charl or Tony Lourens before bolting!) and climbs all the routes as well.

Cheers
Scott

Oh and if anyone wants route info feel free to email me at srm110@gmail.com

Russell Warren wrote:
After reading Forkets post regarding the "theft" of routes I was reminded that I have left Tat on a project that I bolted that my wife and a friend were working before I moved to Durban 3 years ago. It is the line between "One more bite" and "More than I could chew". The owner of the land Charl van der Merwe kindly allowed me to keep the project closed, but it has dawned upon me that we are unlikely to get to that crag in the near future to do the FA ascent of this project and that it is unreasonable for me to keep it closed. If this project has not been climbed by somebody without me knowing about it, it is now an open project and anybody that can climb 22/23 comfortably can go and open it. Thank you to Richard Halsey for not opening it when he went to climb there. Please remember however that the crag is new and there are still pieces of rock that might break. Please climb and belay with a helmet and if you are thinking of bolting new lines there, the bottom third of the rock on the main wall definitely requires glue-in bolts. It is an awesome crag with mega development potential. Thank you to Charl for sponsoring the bolts for some of the routes bolted and for giving me access to bolt these routes. Safe climbing and regards Russell Warren.