Quantcast
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: The Face of SA Climbing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:54 am 

Who is Heidi Muller? Did anyone see the new Sanex ad on TV? There's this uber babe scrambling up a rock face with a rope and harness on. And then the ad reads \"Heidi Muller, adventurist, entrepeneur..\" or something to that effect, not sure, wasn't concentrating on the text...

Someone mentioned on the roc rally sponsors thread about geting banks and big business involved in climbing and get more sponsorship. Hell, if she can be the new face of SA climbing we'll have enough sponsorship by next week to list ClimbZA on the JSE.

What say ye?! Let's find her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:24 pm 

You...you male chauvinist .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:50 pm 

Googled Heidi Muller:

About the judges :: Heidi Muller

Sports Illustrated 'Beauty of Sport' Finalist, Heidi Muller knows no boundaries and is right on track with regard to her life and her aspirations. And an extreme sportswoman of note she lets nothing daunt her feisty spirit – dragging clients up Kilimanjaro not once, not twice but three times?!!!

You may just recognize her familiar face and toned body every morning on TV in a Verimark infomercial that pushes a particular brand of jet steamer to eager housewives.

She is also the in-house model for a leading brand name supplement drink that sponsors her adventure racing team and her face appears in ads in most health magazines including Shape Magazine, Longevity Magazine, Runners world Magazine etc.

For the last three years Heidi has taken up the adventure sport challenge, taking part semi-professionally in orienteering exercises, paddling, mountain-biking; running, swimming, abseiling, descending, traversing, hiking, kloofing etc.

She and her husband (sorry guys) Stephan, her team-captain and navigator, have represented SA in Eco-Challenge in Borneo in 2001, where a 100-kilometer race takes between 15-20 hours to complete. “During these races,” she says, “one carries one’s own food and equipment and the whole team must cover the distance and disciplines with the fastest team home the eventual winners. Thus there is very little sleep, and the going is extremely tough for if caught in a Kloof and one needs to jump into a waterfall, you jump. Similarly if you need to cross a lagoon with your bike you swim with your bike.”

Heidi is also a motivational speaker to aspirant sports children, charities and beauty finalists. She conducts grooming workshops for beginner models and girls who want to participate in beauty pageants.

No stranger to pageants herself Heidi was Miss Technician Pretoria 1977, Miss Technician SA 1997, Miss Jacaranda 1998, Miss Gauteng 1998 and miss SA first Princess 99/2000.

With small business management and big events training to her credit she is poised to control any circumstances placed in her path.

Sorry boys, she's married! *sob*...so no joy there...
.... unless of course 'extreme adventure' includes [censored]!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:01 pm 

Married?! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:27 pm 

Yes DBez, wouldn't it be refreshing to see a attractive woman cranking for change, instead of the dyke mingers that we poor men had to get used to by now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:28 pm 

for shame... :x really you guys should be ashamed of yourselves... not all lady climbers are \"mingers\" as was so genteely put. we might not all be super models but these kinds of comments don't make us average girls feel too great ya know! i'd be afraid if i were you... just make sure the next time you go climbing you don't have a \"minger\" belaying or spotting you... never know what might happen.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:36 pm 

PS>> thejimmy needs to double check his medical aid before this weekend... :wink: i'm looking forward to it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:01 am 

Wasn't meaning to offend anyone! Just wondering who Heidi Muller was 8)
Spoke with the medical aid yesterday and I'm covered

Bring it on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:06 am 

...*sigh*... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:14 am 

dont feel bad, i'm quite minging myself :twisted: . I feel sorry for the people that have to watch me climb. I just dont like seeing other mingers on the rock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:32 am 

Its just the thing to get more girls climbing . Aaargghh...there's a couple of Juliet's on the climbing scene in SA , but overseas they're just loaded with them .
Are they just more interested in high heels , shopping & the newest Heat magazine ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:20 am 

Everyone has the right to opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Last edited by guest on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:32 am 

Dont mind me, just prattling on about trivial sh-- really, I'm trying to get some attention cause no-one else will listen to me whine, just like you guest.

That said some of your whining is nogal funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:47 am 

Just remember, you never break up with a climbing girl, you just lose your turn..

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:03 am 

dom wrote:
Just remember, you never break up with a climbing girl, you just lose your turn..

Much like swinging I s'pose. Just make sure you carry enough protection, should your new, umm belayer, not have her own.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:26 am 

JonoJ wrote:
dom wrote:

Much like swinging I s'pose. Just make sure you carry enough protection, should your new, umm belayer, not have her own.

Thanks Dr Ruth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 pm 

I would just like to fend the woman out there as the times I have climbed I have seen and noticed a couple of lady climbers on the rock pretty beatiful and smart to I'd say. So all you okes I think your just jealous becuase you dont have a girlfriend, and what does it mean you just lose your turn. Then Mr. geust even if you go to a club it does not insure there is hot girls there in fact I have heard a couple of bad stories where this super chick was involved makes me scared to think what could happen to me.

It is all about what is in the inside not on the outside, sure both would be nice to. but every good thing has a bad thing on one side to.

Regards Wynand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:52 pm 

Quote:
part semi-professionally in orienteering exercises, paddling, mountain-biking; running, swimming, abseiling, descending, traversing, hiking, kloofing etc.

Where do I sign up to do \"abseiling, descending and traversing\" professionally. What fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:29 pm 

I think everyone needs a thicker skin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:33 pm 

Stu wrote:

So what you're saying is that you like fat girls?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:34 pm 

Wynand wrote:
I would just like to fend the woman out there as the times I have climbed I have seen and noticed a couple of lady climbers on the rock pretty beatiful and smart to I'd say. So all you okes I think your just jealous becuase you dont have a girlfriend, and what does it mean you just lose your turn. Then Mr. geust even if you go to a club it does not insure there is hot girls there in fact I have heard a couple of bad stories where this super chick was involved makes me scared to think what could happen to me.

It is all about what is in the inside not on the outside, sure both would be nice to. but every good thing has a bad thing on one side to.

Regards Wynand

Best troll ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:05 pm 

dom wrote:
Stu wrote:

Maybe just a rubberised skin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:23 pm 

:lol: Like em? Love em, gotta have em! Give me the fat chicks baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:23 pm 

Everyone has the right to opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Last edited by guest on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:49 pm 

\"While the baboon's bum might look soft and firm, they don't take lightly to hairy okes proposing to them. Believe me, I've tried too many times to count. \"

Nuff said!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:18 am 

Grigri wrote:
dom wrote:
Stu wrote:

You mean like some slap-'n-tickle-PVC? Hmm, you're on to something there Greg! A stealth rubber full body suit.... a medium hex instead of an orange plastic gimp-ball...... now where would a harness and some accessory cord fit into this, methinks to meself. Yea, bring on the cat-o'-nine-slings!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:19 am 

JonoJ wrote:
Grigri wrote:
dom wrote:
Stu wrote:

You mean like some slap-'n-tickle-PVC? Hmm, you're on to something there Greg! A stealth rubber full body suit.... a medium hex instead of an orange plastic gimp-ball...... now where would a harness and some accessory cord fit into this, methinks to meself. Yea, bring on the cat-o'-nine-slings!

I think he's talking about Real Doll (either that, or Shaun Harris)

(edit: removed link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:46 pm 

Guest: \" you openly insulted all woma.... blah blah blah blah....\" FISH PASTE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:24 pm 

all we need now is a suitably dark and dingy cave as a venue. Dont forget to invite the baboons!