experienced trad climber on holiday looking to climb Table Mountain gr. 16-19 route

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
Pulldownfrenzy

experienced trad climber on holiday looking to climb Table Mountain gr. 16-19 route

Post by Pulldownfrenzy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi
I'm a US (California) expat living in Limpopo. I'm going to be on holiday in Cape Town March 20&21st, Monday afternoon and Tuesday all day staying in Hout Bay. Then driving the Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. I have a car but I don't have a lot of time as I'm with my young family.

I'm really keen to climb a trade route up Table Mountain however I may also be interested in a different crag or sport climbing as well just to get on real SA rock. I have more than 10 yrs. Of trad and mountaineering experience. I do not have my trad rack with me, only basic climbing gear and quick-draws.

I would prefer to climb something at least a 15. I climb at least 20 at home but don't know how stiff SA grades are and haven't climbed in several months. Routes I was researching were:
Atlantic Crag - 18
Moonrake- 16
Cable way crag - 17
Jacob's Ladder- 16
Escalator - 17

Call or text if your interested in a day or a half day. Thanks,
-Dominic

Phoenix

Re: experienced trad climber on holiday looking to climb Table Mountain gr. 16-19 route

Post by Phoenix » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm a fellow Californian traveler and I'd love to join you for some sport climbing. Unfortunately I'll miss your initial CPT dates; how long will you be doing the Garden Route run? Are you coming back to Cape Town at all?

Pulldownfrenzy

Re: experienced trad climber on holiday looking to climb Table Mountain gr. 16-19 route

Post by Pulldownfrenzy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 am

Phoenix wrote:I'm a fellow Californian traveler and I'd love to join you for some sport climbing. Unfortunately I'll miss your initial CPT dates; how long will you be doing the Garden Route run? Are you coming back to Cape Town at all?
Hi Phoenix

Sport climbing is also cool, though I prefer trad. Sorry to hear that Ill miss you in CPT... We probably wont make it back to CPT again since are midway through a 2-yr. stint in RSA. We'll be on the Garden Route from the 22nd through the 25th, also ending in PE. Perhaps we could climb something East of CPT along the Coast? When are you around?

Otherwise, you are welcome to come climb in Limpopo area (like Blauberg) if you get up this way look me up.

Cheers
-Dominic