Visiting Denver/Boulder Colorado

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Brigitte

Visiting Denver/Boulder Colorado

Post by Brigitte » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Dear ClimbZA peeps

I am flying next weekend to Denver, Colorado, for a conference taking place on the 31st May until the 2 of June. I have yet to book my accommodation on Airbnb for the days before and after the conference period to go climbing. Please comment and post any advice. Putting me in touch with people that live there and/or are keen to take me along for climbing would be a great bonus. I arrive on the 28th evening in Denver and leave on the 7th of June evening.

Please comment and post links to potential forums as ClimbZA. For the moment all I have is intentions to make contact at the gyms there and hopefully just meet and greet people there to go climbing with.

Thank you in advance for any comments, insights or contacts made to this post.
Happy climbing
Brigitte

Chris F

Re: Visiting Denver/Boulder Colorado

Post by Chris F » Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Get yourself to Boulder if you can! Probably the highest concentration of climbers in one town anywhere.

You have loads of climbing to choose from nearby; Flatirons, Eldorado Canyon, Boulder Canyon, Flagstaff Mountain for bouldering. There are a load of climbing gyms in the area too.

In spite of it being big, the scene seems a bit insular and cliquey to me though, but if you go onto any of the forums you should be able to find a partner.

JMo

Re: Visiting Denver/Boulder Colorado

Post by JMo » Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Hey!
I live up in Boulder and have next week off and would be happy to show you around some rocks. The Flatirons, Eldorado Canyon, and Boulder Canyon, are all awesome and pretty much right in town. If you want some limestone sport climbing, Shelf Road is only 3 hours away, and if you want some alpine trad stuff Rocky Mountain National Park or Lumpy Ridge are about an hour.
First time on this forum (I'm starting to plan a Rocklands trip for beginning of July and came searching for beta and possible partners), so I dunno how you typically get in touch with each other, but you can find me on WhatsApp at +1207-459-6681.
-Josh