Quantcast
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Online boulder database
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:38 pm 
What are the chances of getting an online bouldering database together? One where boulderers can send in pics of new boulders and problems which then get added to the database or download or browse through guides of already existing areas.

What would we need to get something like this together? are there any web programmers who would be keen on getting something like this up and running? What do we need in terms of web space and money?

Anyone of you out there keen on getting this going? Any suggestions like the defining of areas which can be developed and how to preserve areas which are being developed.

If anyone is keen on doing this please contact me, i'm keen to help out any way i can, i might be able to provide quite a bit of web space for all the pics and topos.

cheers

mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are welcome to host it here on Climb ZA - no charge. Just send through the info and we'll post it. Any pics please make width no more than 800px.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:52 pm 
My advice would be to do something in conjunction with www.bouldering.co.za, they already have pics of areas at Topside and it looks like they plan on expanding. Sounds like a bit of work but maybe they would be interested.