Looking for bolting help Boven

Ask. Answer. Discuss. Any bolting related issues.
Amawa

Looking for bolting help Boven

Post by Amawa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:33 am

Hi all

Ive just recently bought a piece of land in the Waterval Boven area (technically on the Waterval Onder side), and it has loads of potential for new routes. There is an existing crag (LuiLekker crag) with 3 routes, 2 multi pitch sport, and one trad. I am looking at putting up loads more sport routes single and multi pitch, and im looking for some one to help set up routes. Im happy to give free accommodation, and food in return for services, and ill buy the bolts etc for the routes. The farm is just off the N4, passed the tunnel.

I think this could be a great opportunity to open loads of multi pitch routes in the area, some thing Boven does not have a lot of. i am already planning on cutting easy access trails and secure parking on the land for climbers, and so will keep it open to the public. In return, im calling on all setters to help.

If anyone is looking to help open more routes in the Boven area please PM me and we can chat.

Baldrick

Re: Looking for bolting help Boven

Post by Baldrick » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 am

Hi Amawa,
This sounds like a fantastic opportunity to expand the climbing areas beyond WB, well done on the new land purchase.
We supply hangers and belay stations at reasonable cost, drop me a line to discuss.
Thanks Nigel
nigel@verticalworld.co.za

Don

Post by Don » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

Awesome :)

Amawa

Post by Amawa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks Nigel, i will certainly be in touch once i have a few talented setters on board! :)

Gustav

Post by Gustav » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm

There is an existing crag (LuiLekker crag) with 3 routes, 2 multi pitch sport, and one trad.
Make that 3 bolted 2-pitch routes and one trad - nobody really reads the RD :jocolor:
Gustav
Roc 'n Rope Adventures
Waterval Boven
013 257 0363
climb @t rocrope dot com

Amawa

Post by Amawa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Hehe, thanks Gustav!