Quantcast
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: amazon and cbd boulders
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:59 pm 
Hi, Anyone know the grade and names if any, of the two problems found in the small triangular tunnel/cave at the CBD boulders? The one problem goes directyly up the face to top out, the other traverses through the tunnel and out the left hand side of the boulder. Regarding amazon... are you only allowed to boulder the problems right next to the path or are you allowed to walk around to the back of the boulders or other near by boulders? Maybe a list of problems that are still accessable should be made. (enervate@iafrica.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:59 pm 
If I'm thinking of the same boulder, the straight up version is pretty hard (I've heard 7C bandied about). I'm not sure about the right-to-left traverse, but there're a couple of very nice problems on that boulder: (1) Sitstart as for the stright up problem and do the first 2 moves, then dyno out right for the slopey lip and top out (I thought 6C-ish, but I am a weak punter so it's probably easier) (2) Traverse into the above problem from around the corner on the left (6C+-ish, again, see punterdom). Hope that helps. BTW, I'd also like to know about the access restrictions at Amazon (dominic.riordan@gmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:00 pm 
Can you guys give the directions for the way to CBD bouldering, how many boulders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:00 pm 
Bill, there are loads of boulders, but they're a bit spread out. In my humble opinion, the best ones are: (1) In Deer Park - park at the Deer Park parking lot (I think it's at the top of Deer Park road) in Vredehoek, and walk up the trail. You'll see boulders (2) Just above Table Mountain (Tafelberg??) road at the first set of spotlights, there are a couple of good boulders (3) Just before the first spotlights, park when you see a big, slabby boulder on your right, and walk down, below the road. There's a big boulder with a little roof - it has some good problems. There are also some good boulders next to the dirt track that runs parallel to, and below, Tafelberg road. We might be heading up there tomorrow after work if the weather looks decent, and I don't mind giving a tour. my email is dominic.riordan@gmail.com