A long shot for Waterval Boven 6/2 - 24/2

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
pandaling

A long shot for Waterval Boven 6/2 - 24/2

Post by pandaling » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 am

Hi there,

I’m from the U.K., but staying in White River (near Nelspruit) until the 24th Feb.

I’ve left all of my climbing gear in Cape Town.

Just putting some feelers out to see who would be willing to have a keen and attentive belayer for company? I’ve been climbing for >9 years, had two months in Yangshuo climbing just before getting here, but unfortunately I’m probably very weak right now having not pulled on since arriving in SA two months ago, as work was pretty full on.

So if anyone has the inclination to take me climbing, I’d be very grateful! I can buy shoes and a harness, and other things I don’t have I can try and help with (like I can look into car hire etc). The things I can definitely bring to the table are good company, crag snacks (name what you want!!) and super safe belaying.

Hit me up if this sounds at all reasonable, as I say, I know it’s a bit of a long shot...:)

Cat

+27649343552

Gustav

Re: A long shot for Waterval Boven 6/2 - 24/2

Post by Gustav » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Cat,

There are a couple of friendly climbers in Nelspruit that come up to Boven on weekends. Maybe you can bum a lift, I'll add you to the Whatsapp group.

Or post on https://www.facebook.com/groups/saclimbersliftclub

In Boven we can also rent out gear from the climbing shop to you if you are just here for a short time.

There are climbers to hook up with during the week if you have time ... we can help.

Cheers.
Gustav
Roc 'n Rope Adventures
Waterval Boven
+27 13 120 4600
climb @t rocrope dot com