Lions Head cleanup

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
GBM

Lions Head cleanup

Post by GBM » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi All,

Tourist / holiday season seems to create a special environment for both locals and tourists alike to forget that plastic, cans, tins and other man made products are not bio-degradable.

Both Lions Head and parts of Table Mountain have been polluted to levels which have not been seen before. Don't know who the chap is who is arranging this cleanup event (see below) on 13 February but good on him.

Perhaps an immediate step is to make the tourists pay a levy to facilitate regular clean ups, hell make the locals pay one as well ... that will keep the riff-raff and human waste away!

http://heyevent.co.za/event/u5fpyzmxmw6 ... d-clean-up

LIONS HEAD CLEAN UP

Please join us for a fun morning collecting litter and cleaning graffiti with like minded people. Make a difference while meeting like minded people, making memories and appreciating nature. This is for everyone, we will provide bags and gloves for you to collect litter and will provide graffiti cleaner for those that want to get a little more dirty.
Its really a fun day out, meet at 9am, get involved, walk at your own pace, take your own route and leave when you want. this is for everyone from first time hikers to families and kids.
Our trails could do with some love,
Lets lead by example.

Please email me with any queries: blake@blakesblog.co.za

micky

Re: Lions Head cleanup

Post by micky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Let TMNP do it. they never do anything to help mountain users except create more restrictions

Thermophage

Post by Thermophage » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 am

micky wrote:Let TMNP do it. they never do anything to help mountain users except create more restrictions
Agreed!
I STILL get asked for an Activity Permit when I go trad on LH. And the "rangers" are effing clueless!

mokganjetsi

Post by mokganjetsi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:46 am

i share the frustration with TMNPs treatment of climbers (& boulderers), but the clean-up is for the sake of the environment. let's do eeet :hapban

Hippolyta

Post by Hippolyta » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi everyone

There will be another Lions Head cleanup on 25 February. I'm posting a link below for those able to go. Seems like a very worthwhile endeavour and it is always good if we can give back sometimes.

https://www.cnandco.com/join-love-trail ... an-25-feb/