online gear shop

Post here for all your gear questions, rants and raves. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using. NOTE: this forum is NOT for gear sales.

JacovV

Re: online gear shop

Post by JacovV » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 am

*Ice axe :lol:
The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it

ShaolinWood

Post by ShaolinWood » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 am

Jaco. Dude your parcel is MOST LIKELY already in SA and have been long ago.
My parcel took 7 days from placing the order to entering SA.... but then it's in SA... and the SA post office will only know where it is once it's been scanned here. Which can take months! I've had parcels stuck in Joburg for up to 4 months!

The worst is when you speak to people they tell you "Thousands of parcels enter the country every day" Like it's an excuse for not doing their job.
Every country receives thousands of parcels each day! They manage to process it though... sigh...
Cheers
Gerhard

ScottI

Post by ScottI » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm

I've had parcels from trekkin stuck at the post office for 4 months.

If you suspect you parcel have been nabbed - you can apply for "lost in post" refund at most sites
I would say just wait it out! I once applied for a lost in post refund after waiting 3 months, and then weeks later received a mail that my parcel has arrived at Post Office! Luckily the application was not processed yet and I had to cancel.

Enjoy the waiting game!

mountainmailorder

Post by mountainmailorder » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Hey Jaco,

Sorry to hear about your troubles purchasing online.

If you're in need of an ice axe again in the future or any other gear you can check out our range https://www.mountainmailorder.co.za/#search=ice%20axe, or if you are looking for something specific let us know and we can try and source it for you.

Hopefully we can be of help to you in the future.

Mountain Mail Order

francoisP

Post by francoisP » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:16 am

For international parcels I've had good success using this website: http://sms.postoffice.co.za/TrackingPar ... Trace.aspx
Use your international tracking number and when it says "First notification sent to customer" then you go to your nearest post office(s) and tell them the parcel is definitely there and they have to go look in the back.