Quantcast
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:33 pm 

HI THERE, IM GOING TO PORT ALFRED IN DEC TO VISIT ME FOLKS. IS THERE ANY BOULDERIHG IN THE AREA. NOT GONNA TAKE ALL ME GEAR SEE. MANY TA`S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:08 am 

Hey Dieter

http://www.climbing.co.za/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1878

Kleinemond is close to Port Alfred. Need to contact Gary. His details are on the Kleinemond thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:36 pm 

Hey Dieter
Theres not much down in PA, but if you give me call(0833085663) when you in the area, I can take you out to Bushmans River or Findon Farm near Bathurst - some pretty good bouldering there, you dont really need gear - i have plenty!
8) Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm 

Findon Farm? near Bathurst? where is that? is that the farm with the Jack Russell and the big dog? the walk in along the fence and then you cut up away from it? does this post make any sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:04 pm 

Findon Farm is that farm close to Bathurst , the one with the white picket fences , three dogs and one three cat that don't eat Whiskas and yes , this topic don't make sense . Why Port Alfred when you got Alicedale nearby ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:09 pm 

Ahh No The Findon Farm that I refer to has eight guinea fowls running around amongst kudu and zebra...
The area belongs to a friend(Private property), He has a robinson 22 - helicopter on his driveway! So if you wanna go there you need permission.

Alicedale is a amazing bouldering area but why drive close to an hour and a half where Findon farm is just 5 minutes away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:59 pm 

And how much...bouldering is there to find ? Sounds pretty cool and what's the chance of getting a contact from you if required to go and check it out . You got da RD ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:27 pm 

Not Much to be honest...Its just One Big(+-15mHigh)Boulder with little boulders(+-3m) surrounding It. Really superb rock though, There is a cave problem under the boulder which is about 4m Horizantal climbing and then you can follow a crack to the to the top for 15m - project
Overall about 20 problems to be found so far - no RD at the moment..

Access is not easy because the owner frequently introduces new game on the property and he dosn't want any jo shmo rocking up scaring hes well spent cash away but if you keen to go, I will happily take you through to area - just give me a call my number is in the above post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:22 am 

That is quie a lot