Old Gear to Give Away

Do you have gear to sell? Looking for gear? Wanted & For Sale. Post it here.
Pictures will help you sell your gear faster.
MichaelS

Old Gear to Give Away

Post by MichaelS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:27 pm

So, I haven't climbed in a good couple of years, and am unlikely to get back into it any time in the foreseeable future. I have old gear which I would rather give away than throw on the rubbish dump. I have the following which is on offer:

A Petzl Corax harness - good condition

8 x Singing Rock quickdraws and 2 x Black Diamond quickdraws - reasonable condition (some scratches etc. from regular use, but otherwise fit for climbing)

A 50m Roca and a 60m Beal rope. The Roca is probably 10yrs +, and the Beal a few years newer. Although both have been stored in a dry environment and both ropes look and feel ok (the Roca is somewhat frayed), they are at / past recommended retirement age. If anyone can make of use of them for other purposes (i.e. not entrusting your life to them when dangling on a rock face), they're yours.

Three pairs of old climbing shoes (size 7 / 8 )- mostly worn through at the front. Was planning on throwing them out, but maybe someone has a use for them (resole etc.)?

Cheers
Michael

ShaolinWood

Re: Old Gear to Give Away

Post by ShaolinWood » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Hey Michael, where are you based?

Would love to help you out with your gear problem!!
If you're around Cape Town let me know then I'll make a plan to drive over

Radness
Cheers
Gerhard

raphaeltube

Post by raphaeltube » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:34 pm

I'll be 2nd in the Cape Town line, if ShaolinWood doesn't take it for some reason.
-R

RyanStellies

Post by RyanStellies » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Michael

I can make use of the harness and one pair of climbing shoes: size 7 ideally, size 8 can work too.
I'm based in Stellenbosch but will be in Capetown today and on Thursday & Friday and happy to pick up any items that are left.

Ryan

DevNyschens

Post by DevNyschens » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Hey Michael.

I am mainly interested in the draws, they’re the last piece of gear that I’m missing from my arsenal. I’m based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga and frequent to Joburg. Would love to hear back from you 0837979966

Rob11235

Post by Rob11235 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:35 am

Hi Michael

I'm at Wits Mountain Club, and we are always looking for donations, and could especially use the shoes, if there are any left.

Where are you based?

Kind Regards
Robert