Quantcast
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:21 pm 

Hey there,

I'll be in Cape Town with a free afternoon between the 27th Dec to 29th Jan and would love to spend an afternoon climbing on Table Mountain. Is there anyone who is either willing to spare me an afternoon, or can give me some advice on how to find climbing partner. I lead up to about E1 5b/5c in the UK on a good day, which is about 20 I would guess. But being on unfamiliar rock I'd prefer to drop a grade or two when on the sharp end. I'll have basic gear with me, but no rack or ropes.

Cheers
Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:28 am 

Howzit, I am also going down to CapeTown for a 2 week holiday and would also like to climb TM, I would like to be of assitance to you but my only problem is I dont Know of any routes and the grades(I mean I will get lost), I have got gear a full set of hexes, nuts and even some micro nuts some slings and only one full rope of 50 m whether that is enough I dont know. I can second an 18 easely but lead only 17. So if you like maybee should no one be of our assisance we can go try to climb a route. O and if some one would contact you please can i go and clumb with you guys, if some one helps me i would then help you. My number 0763298430

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:38 pm 

Do you have some friends on your rack? I could squeeze some minimal gear in my luggage if needed. I'll bring a half rope as well. I've got an old route guide called 'Cape Rock', so hopefully we'll be able to find our way. It would have been better to have someone familiar with the area with us to avoid unessesary fumbling, so any locals up for a foray let us know. I'll take your number down and give you a call when I'm in SA (I arrive on the 26th Dec).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:00 pm 

I Have an no 4 Rock Empire Cam, But would Possibly purchase 1 more before I leave what size that is going to be Im not sure yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:31 pm 

It is advisable to climb on TM with a full rack especially if one is unfamiliar with the routes. You can climb on a set of nuts and hexes but it is better to have at least a good few cams with you if you dont want the day to turn into an epic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:44 pm 

Howzit ATC are you living in Cape Town ? If so would you mind to let me go and climb with you some time there is a couple of routes I would want to do when I am In CT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:06 pm 

Sure bloodwolf,just give me a ring when you in cape town you can reach me on 082 722 22 98