Quantcast
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:36 am 

I am visiting CT from the UK in Jan/Feb and have a spare week from 26/1/07 to 3/2/07 in which to climb (sport, trad or bouldering). I am looking for a partner or partners for this week. I would be happy to visit any good areas in the Western Caoe or preferably a mixture of several (Rocklands and Montagu look good on the web). I climb UK E2/3, sport F6b+ //6c, not sure of translation to SA grades as published correspondences never seem that accurate!
I would be able to bring gear for climbing and camping as necessary but would prefer only to bring stuff that is essential. I could arrange transport but would prefer some input of local knowledge.

Any takers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:11 pm 

I'm in Cape Town at the same time. It's a family holiday though, so can only spare one day out. I posted a message under a topic called \"Need climbing buddy for a day\". I've had a response from \"BloodWolf\". When you're in SA it's quite handy and cheap to pick up a local sim card (they're about a £1 or £2). If you do, let us know your number so we have a contact list of possible climbing buddies.

I'll be in Jo'burg for 2 weeks as well and looking for a climbing partner as my buddies will be working during the week. If you're in the area I recommend Magaliesberg. I know the area well, and would be happy to show you about. My UK mob is +447793080083.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:22 am 

Thanks for the reply.

I only have one week spare for climbing andi am in Cape Town at the start so, as I have not climbed at all in SA before, I thought to visit Western Cape rather than Jo'burg area.

I'll keep a note of the number and try to get in touch while I am in SA.

Post subject: climbing end januray
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:38 pm 

hi harold, i'm currently in the cape and will be here till end april. i have a full trad rack and would also be keen on a trip to montague. i climb trad up to e2 and local sports up to 21 .

raymond

sa mobile : 0764581340 raymond.gouws@gmail.com