Quantcast
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:55 pm 
The Mad Rock goes for about R950 and the Beal is up to R1350.
Any real difference between the two?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:03 am 

Stu wrote:
The Mad Rock goes for about R950 and the Beal is up to R1350.
Any real difference between the two?

I'm a Beal fan. It is more expensive, but there are aspects of it that are really good - for one, the fact that it does't slip. The Mad Rock does. And they seem to have fixed the buckles now too, which were the big problem with the old version (my one doesn't have a single working buckle).

The Mad Rock pad is real good, no mistake, but I prefer the Beal. That said, I've been thinking of buying a Mad Rock to complement my Beal..

Oh, and the Beal doesn't fit in the boot of a Chico, but the Mad Rock does, so bear that in mind if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
Thanks, will keep that in mind, no problem with the size though. Got a huge-ass bakkie. How bad is the slipping, or is it minimal? As the extra four hundred would come in handy towards a new rope. :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:49 am 

Stu wrote:
Thanks, will keep that in mind, no problem with the size though. Got a huge-ass bakkie. How bad is the slipping, or is it minimal? As the extra four hundred would come in handy towards a new rope. :)

Nah, it's not too bad. It slipped around a little when we were trying the Rack up at the Fortress at Rocklands, but it was on a smooth, sloping slab of rock. The only other problem is that it can tear - the bottom material isn't as hardy as the Beal non-slip material.

But they're pretty cool anyway. You won't go wrong with either...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:51 am 
dom wrote:
Nah, it's not too bad. It slipped around a little when we were trying the Rack up at the Fortress at Rocklands, but it was on a smooth, sloping slab of rock. The only other problem is that it can tear - the bottom material isn't as hardy as the Beal non-slip material.

But they're pretty cool anyway. You won't go wrong with either...

It has to be Beal - it is just an allround better pad with a much better finish! :P