Quantcast
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Clovelly Boulders
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:21 pm 

If anyone is keen for a small bouldering area with a few really good lines then check out the Clovelly boulders. I am not sure if other people have been bouldering there but I've been pulling on a few things for the past few months and there are some really classy lines. To get there park in the clovelly beach parking lot. Walk about 300m back up the road and pick up the path on the left. THe path will take you up to the contour line on the firebreak where you hook a left. Walk till you find the boulder (bout 500m). THere is another boulder about 300m further on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 am 

Shot, will check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:34 am 

Are those the boulders above Quest? I climbed there in the previous millenium - aren't the landings quite shoddy? Mind you, we didn't have pads back then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:58 pm 

Hi Guy

Yes above quest and to the right. There are about 4 problems. The main wall facing the vlei has a great traverse and top out starting on the left in the jug about 7aish. The face on the slope facing the ocean also has a great traverse and topout starting on the left tricky 6cish. Guy Hubbard rekons the 7a is one of the best routes he has done in Cape Town. You need to tick the hidden divet for the throw to the top... take a spotter to avoid the tree. The boulder further down the path has potential for some very had sitdowns which are too hard for me at the moment.

Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:44 am 

Yup, must agree with Kyle here, the boulders have some really good problems. The 7a he mentions is awesome, nice burly low climbing, and a subtle, sketchy kinda highball topout. That said, all the problems I hopped on were really nice

The other Guy