It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:37 pm 

ATC wrote:
fridge- I think you need to buy a rope first and not get a pnp shopping bag with it to qualify for a free chalk bag.

well i baught a trope las year and i dont think that Beal is into giving free rope bags.

Drifter looks like things sorted themself out in the end of the day.
But i do agree with you that that shops should give the rope bag wiht the rope (even if it is "cheap"). i am still using the "cheap" bag that i got with my first pear of shoes (bofu).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:41 pm 

People shouldn't have to ask for their free rope bag and then assume they don't have a free rope bag and have to buy a more expensive one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:47 pm 

Oh my word! are we still going on about the piece of sh1t rope bag-robert apologised and told him he can come past the shop and get another one what else do you want the oke to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:52 pm 

Agree with the others... You need to confront them about this, in person.
Might be a nice idea to let them know about this discussion, send them the link to the forum. Would be nice to see what their excuse is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:53 pm 

well ignore me i am kinda bored

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:57 pm 

'let them know about this discussion' They know about it!!! robert was just on the forum

Post subject: sore little loser
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:28 pm 

Quote:
I should of seen the sticker on the rope before I bought it that said I was entitled to a free rope bag and then I should of said to the shop assistant I want the free rope bag I am entitled to and if they wouldn't give it refuse to buy the rope.

YEP! now you are just crying over spilt milk. You walked into the shop and agreed to pay a certain price for the item that you saw. The fact that the bag was not attached is not an issue. Had you done your research you'd have known about the bag. Bottom line, YOU took what you saw and agreed to pay for it. Since the shop is the owner of the goods initially, they have the right to store it how they please. I doubt they would be dishonest. They probably wanted the ropes on display for customers. In the end though, you agreed to buy what you saw and therefore you should not be complaining like this.

I wouldn't offer you a chalkbag. I'd take out a stick and beat you with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:48 am 

I bought a blue water rope a couple of years ago from the state (before the said shop re-introduced them to SA), i sent an email to blue water to complain about the rope, they sent me a new rope, with a free rope bag at no cost to me whatsover. i will admit that the rope bag is almost no commercial value. I feel sorry for any sucker that buys one of these pretty useless bags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:42 pm 

C'mon Drifter! Two pages of whining about a stupid bag you apparently dont want anyway! If people have trouble with suppliers may I suggest taking the problems up with them directly rather than flaming them anonomously in a public forum. All of this could have been avoided by simply phoning the shop and speaking directly to management (perhaps the sales person was unaware that the rope came with a bag?), I think Robert's reply shows that that they are more than willing to accommodate people.

This sort of information is utterly useless to the majority of users. If a shop supplies dodgey gear (like cams that break) then we want to know about it. Minor things like this or peeling soles on climbing shoes should be directed back to the suppliers. If they are totally off, and refuse to help solve your problems despite repeated communications from you then consider posting a complaint, but please make every attempt to solve things amicably before ranting off here - thanks.