Quantcast
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:05 am 

Guest....???I mean Zook?!?!Is that you? I missed you man!

Post subject: For the record
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:26 pm 

Hi,

I know this is an old topic but I thought I'd air my thoughts anyway on the topic of SA vs UK/Europe lol!As I found this thread quite amusing and interesting!I know it's got nothing to do with climbing but seeing there WAS such a heated debate about this here's my 2 cents.

I'm just going to be brief...tens of thousands of people have returned from the UK to SA after having lived there a while including myself very recently.The UK/Europe has lot's to offer in terms of travelling around the world from there and money wise it's much better in my experience.

However in terms of quality of life there is just no comparison,I was based in London and now in CT and CT quality of life is just so much better.People over there and myself included feel as if upon returning we have all these big ideas about changing the county and throwing ideas on how big we are going to make when coming back.I guess it's natural to have a bit of a superiority complex when coming from the UK/Europe especially about broadband speeds lol!That's all well and good go for it!there's nothing wrong with that...however after a while you might realise that SAFFAS have been going to the UK/Europe for a very long time and have returned home...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is a 1st world country in terms of living standards with certian bad elements.Overall Cape Town especially I guess is just heaven on earth and throughout all my travels in Europe I haven't come across a more amazing place.South Africa is up there with the rest of the world and is getting better all the time...thanks to the really smart people who live in this land.

PS-I'm not trying to offend anyone in this forum with my views just airing my opinion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:04 pm 

Hey Zook, how is the gym. Did it land in CT or JHB?

A friend of mine was back from UK for a few weeks in SA. So after some ducking & diving I get stuck viewing the photos & there are lots of them! So quite innocently I express my amazment that she had been away for a whole year. She soon told me that it had been four.

Yes, life goes on in SA while you are away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:30 pm 

hehehe.... that's funny!

Visit The Mad Traveller!!!