Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:47 am 

Recently some Kaapenares went to visit the limey. What went down? What got put up? Any news? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:58 am 

Seven went down. To be precise, the crucial jug on Seven/Half Seven went down. Some fat bastard (he really shouldn't be climbing anyway and should stick to a sport more suited to his body shape, like sumo wrestling or underwater basket weaving) was huffing and puffing and dogging his way up the route.

It turned out that even the strength of Sean's sika wasn't quite enough to support his gigantic ass. Seven promptly turned into a 34, much to the disappointment and chagrin of the masses of eager grade-baggers who were all drooling at the prospect of adding such a giveaway 29 to their 8a scorecards.

If anyone happens to be in the area with a pot of glue in the near future, do the world a favour and stick the hold back on. You can quite easily get to the route from the 24 on the right and it is glaringly obvious where the jug was broken off about 2/3 of the way up. The hold has been carefully placed at the base of the route. It is quite easy to spot since it is caked with a 3 inch thick layer of chalk, flappers and inflated ego.

If anyone sees the fat bastard at the crags in future, i suggest driving him off with pitchforks before he breaks any more classics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:00 pm 

Hoo Hoo :lol:
Classic post Carl! Sounds like fat bastard needs to do some laps around field before he's allowed to fondle delicately delicious limestone again!

Spoke to Mal and he seemed impressed by the potential for new stuff there so we'll be back soon with drrrrrrrrills and glue. If the hapless jug is still lying around we'll schtik it up. (Now just to tear myself away from the pumping surf long enough to actually do some climbing!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:02 pm 

Before anyone gets too excited about any potential new routes in Oudtshoorn please consider this:
Scott Miller and I are in the PROCESS of putting up a couple of new routes and have already done a LOT of hard work!
Please contact us before you bolt anything to the left of the Main Crag as we have already put up chains for the routes and organised the lines.
You will see there is tat and an IP at the bottom of the crag.
Thank you your co-operation
-Scott Noy
scottnoy@yahoo.com

Last edited by scottnoy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:57 pm 

Cool Scott will be in touch before heading out that way, need to dry out first! V salty! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:32 pm 

Eager beavers keen to send Seven and/or the Wimp Finish, rejoice.

The jug has been glued back on again. Unfortunately, my gluing is not as neat as the original job (due to paranoid slathering of the grip with copious sika), so you might want to take some sandpaper to get rid of the excess glue, as the hold feels rather sharp at present.

I pulled on, clipped off, stood on, jumped on and otherwise generally abused the offending hold, it seems to be part of the crag again. Nevertheless, should you weigh significantly more than 80kg and/or be really really ridiculously strong, i would suggest approaching with some trepidation helmets, face masks, riot shields and other protective gear. Get your belayer to lurk under the overhang and make sure the peanut gallery is well back from the crag.

have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:10 pm 

What's a trepidation helmet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:39 pm 

That's the new Petzl hemet with automatic visor... you should check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:04 am 

Sweet! Will it make me climb 8a like Carl?!