Jon Griffith, Ueli Steck and Simone Moro have been attacked by Sherpas on Everest.
Tag Archives | Everest
A plane flying 19 people towards Mount Everest came down in flames on the outskirts of the Nepalese capital on Friday, killing everyone on board including seven Britons and five Chinese, police said.
A group of five girls from St Mary’s School (Waverley, Johannesburg) and their parents made history by trekking to Everest earlier this year.
There’s nothing some journalists like more than a bit a death. It generates controversy, helps sell copy, and gives them an opportunity to drum up hatred against people who live more interesting lives than they do.
If you’re trying to poach Everest—that is, climb it without a permit—keeping to yourself and camping away from other groups is a dead giveaway.
It has been a crowded and tragic season on Mt. Everest this year, with more than 700 people occupying the mountain.
Mountaineering experts warned on Tuesday that potentially dangerous levels of overcrowding were expected on Mount Everest after four climbers died as “traffic jams” clogged up the world’s tallest peak.
Summit success on Everest for Ueli Steck and his climbing partner Tenzing without using oxygen
ERIK WEIHENMAYER made headlines when he reached the top of the world’s tallest mountain in 2002, and we recently included that expedition on our list of the greatest moments on Everest.
Alpinist extraordinaire Ueli Steck reports from Mount Everest base camp on EpicTV Weekly
Chad Kellogg has his ‘Everest Climbing Algorithm’, Ueli Steck has been warming up around the Khumbu valley and Ecuadorian Patricio Tisalema will try to climb Everest in one day (alpine style) from the north side.
In one of the driest seasons on record, the Lhotse and Nuptse faces of Everest are unleashing a torrent of rockfall, between two and 10 rocks per minute.
World Altitude Record in Paragliding with APPI tandem pilot Sano Babu Sunuwar and Sherpa Lapka flying over Everest May 21st, 2011.
A 15-year-old American has become the youngest person to climb the highest mountains on each of the seven continents, completing the feat by summiting Antarctica’s Mount Vinson over the weekend.
The world’s highest webcam has begun operating in the Himalayas, giving an excellent view – when weather permits – of the top of Mount Everest.
Climbers and custodians of Everest say rapid climate change could soon make for an ice-free ascent of the world’s highest mountain.
An interview with Italian high altitude legend Reinhold Messner.
I attempt to answer questions such as how many people have climbed Mt. Everest? How many climbers were on other major peaks? Who are the record holders this spring season? Where in the world most climbers come from? What is the importance of Mountaineering to the Nepalese economy?
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...
- BAbycoat: My! what a discussion. There seems to be two pa...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @ Martin I am not arguing on this point. I am jus...
- Bruno FARA: "I’m amazed that the lower hanger on the Sevast...