The winners of the African Alpine Adventures Photographic Competition have been announced.
Tag Archives | Featured
Montagu: Waterworld is Climbable Again! Waterworld base build report: The work meet was a great success and (although some work is still needed) Waterworld is back.
The 2013 MCSA Supertramp Award of up to R15 000 is available to a young South African who either individually or in a group will take on a mountaineering-related expedition / trip during 2013.
Brian Weaver gives us an account of his latest experience, “On my way back I came across a little black snake. I took some pictures and then I picked it up. It was totally chilled at first and I carried it a bit, then it bit me twice.”
Joe Möhle was named Sportsperson of the year, at the the 2012 UCT Sports Awards.
Icebreaker Review by Malcom Gowans. “I’ve been testing out my Icebreakers on multi-pitch sport routes, wintery trail runs, sweating and grunting while missioning up bushy kloofs in search of illusive trad lines and TACFIT training on cold rainy beaches.”
Anyone found to be not complying with the rules will be banned from the property and should the access be closed down, (they) will not be very popular!
Andrew Pedley won with an average grade of 31. Brian Weaver came 2nd beating Kim Robinson, the visiting Tasmanian, by 15 points both averaging a grade of 30.5
The “local is lekker” film competition was created to allow SA film makers a chance to present their film making skills annually. The top 3 films were shown around the country in conjunction with the Reel Rock Tour
All the entries have been posted here. Thanks to all of the photographers for their fantastic photos. Photo: “Mount Kenya sunrise” by Jurgen Vogt
Cape Union Mart brings the Banff Film Festival to South Africa for the seventh year running.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...
- BAbycoat: My! what a discussion. There seems to be two pa...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @ Martin I am not arguing on this point. I am jus...
- Bruno FARA: "I’m amazed that the lower hanger on the Sevast...