A new body has been elected which will advise the Langeberg Municipality on matters regarding nature reserves within the Langeberg, including the Montagu Mountain Reserve and Dassieshoek.
Tag Archives | Montagu
Montagu: Waterworld is Climbable Again! Waterworld base build report: The work meet was a great success and (although some work is still needed) Waterworld is back.
The Langeberg Municipality are neglecting the mountain reserve in Montagu.
After heavy rainfall last night and this morning, Montagu is flooded in with incoming roads from the N1, N2 and pass to Ashton being closed.
Rain is still falling in Montagu.
Jonathan Brown (ex- Montagu resident) who is visiting from Switzerland sent ‘Eddy of Bovidence’ 24/7a last week.
Cogman’s Kloof road is due for an upgrade in the next 18 months or so and the public is being asked to give comment.
Alan Hills sending Switch Bitch in Montagu
If you go down to the Steeple today, you’re in for a big surprise…
After a long morning of climbing for the four of us, with varying degrees of success, we headed back over to The Cauldron.
There is a piece of mountain side about 9km outside of Montagu with established climbing (sport and trad) for sale.
Video of Matt Bush soloing numerous routes in Montagu
Julia Chen on the first female ascent of “Hypoxia” 29 at Supertubes in Montagu.
Robin Auld is playing in Montagu this coming Sunday.
Steve Bradshaw has sent his project in Oorlogs Kloof naming it ‘Where I Stood’.
Micky Wiswedel sent Point Break (29/30) at Supertubes in Bad Kloof this weekend.
One of South Africa’s top female climbers took some time out in Montagu to chat with us…
The Bolting Fund is picking up momentum in the way of funding and we are looking to replace more anchors and lower off’s at the Steeple and Farside Crags.
For quite a while I’ve been worrying about the bolts on Gospel Express and Quassimodo at The Steeple.
Paul Brouard sent Mazawattee (35/8c+) last Saturday during the Montagu Rock Rally
Montagu usually gets mild to heavy flooding each winter and we want to do as much as possible to protect the base of Waterworld. Its an awesome crag and would be ruined should the base get washed away!
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...