Cyclists are getting proactive against thieves and robbers in the Table Mountain National Park, raising funds independently for surveillance cameras and new crime patrols at hot spots on the mountain.
Tag Archives | mugging
The City of Cape Town is exploring ways of lighting up Signal Hill without affecting ships at sea.
Sandy Bay: Mugging reported between the beach and Sunset Ave
On Tuesday the 5th of March a person was mugged and stabbed at the Devils Peak Quarry (on the mountain)
Grant Rens has reported that there is a crime wave taking place in the Magaliesberg area.
Another mugging has taken place in the Blockhouse / Rhodes Memorial area.
Attacks on the Table Mountain chain and related areas have dropped by at least half compared to the same time last year, the Cape Times reported on Tuesday.
An incident on Sunday 23 September has prompted a general warning to cyclists and runners in the Blockhouse / Rhodes Memorial area
THE Table Mountain Safety Forum (TMSF) has not met for about five months, but members say this does not mean that the crime situation is being ignored.
Samantha reported that friend of hers was attacked and stabbed (not badly, luckily) at the parking lot at the top of Black Hill
Despite 50 additional Table Mountain National Parks (TMNP) armed rangers deployed to guard against mountain attacks last year, criminals continued to rack up an average of three muggings per month, the Table Mountain Safety Action Group says.
A cyclist was mugged on Monday, 13 Feb at 19h00 as he was cycling to the top of Signal Hill
Please be aware that there appears to be a hideout on Mowbray Ridge just above blockhouse, Devil’s Peak…
It is advisable to avoid the Peers Cave area until further notice
The Table Mountain Cableway management on Thursday expressed concern after a tourist mistook a mugger on the mountain for an official guide, the company said.
VISITORS hiking on the Peninsula mountains are warned to be cautious. In a recent mountain mugging incident, Richard Case, who is an experienced mountain climber, and his friends were held at knifepoint while walking along Peers Hill, near Silvermine, along Ou Kaapseweg. Case, 31, who is originally from Cape Town but has been living in [...]
Table Mountain Safety Action Group are asking all past victims of crime to contact them urgently.
Another mugging sees a well know hiker / author, Bruce Mackenzie mugged for his camera and cash.
A hiker fell off a ledge, broke a leg and bruised his ribs while running away from three muggers armed with a knife on Table Mountain at the weekend.
A swift response by security officers led to the arrest of two men suspected of mugging hikers in Cecilia Forest near Constantia.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PAUSE 8 May 21, 2013
- Lee Den Hond becomes the third South African woman to summit Everest May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...