A family of six has been rescued from the Paarl Mountain, in the Boland, Western Cape emergency services said on Monday.
Tag Archives | Rescue
Two hikers who have been the focus of an all-night search on Table Mountain, have been found unharmed in Wynberg Cave.
“The positive outcome of this incident serves to underline the vital necessity of fully and legibly filling in the Mountain Rescue Registers or hiking registers which then enable rescuers to act promptly and efficiently in case of an emergency,”
Battling hail and raging torrents, a team of air force personnel and mountain rescuers spent more than 20 hours extricating a Johannesburg student from a gorge in the Magaliesberg outside Pretoria.
A mountain rescue call came in on Sunday morning for a hiker who had fallen while walking on Table Mountain. The hiker, a male in his late twenties/early thirties, and two other companions were walking up Woody Buttress when he fell, pulling a large block off with him.
Mountain rescue in the Western Cape, and what to do when your outing goes pear-shaped. If you’re climbing a lot and pushing your grades, or really getting out there in the wilderness, hunting those remote, long, loose country routes, then you have a fairly good chance of experiencing some kind of mishap during the course of your mountaineering life.
Far from help Andrew Hartmeier was rescued after sustaining a severe fall on the north face of Blouberg, some 120km north west of Polokwane. The rescue was carried out by the Mountain Club of SA and the South African Air Force 17 Squadron whilst fellow climbers also assisted in the rescue.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...