Fun video of guys climbing Arrow Final on Table Mountain.
Tag Archives | Table Mountain
Guy and I had spent the afternoon on Table Mountain working on our Space Race project.
I am pretty bored with the sport climbing in Cape Town so climbing on Table Mountain is new and exciting for me.
The Table Mountain National Park, world heritage site, and Natural 7 Wonder of the World is to be fenced in at a cost of R150 Million.
Some of you will remember the great success we had at the Table Mountain Cleanup (TM Cleanup) last year, well we are doing it again!
Matt Bush opened Dynamighty at grade 28 this past week. The new line is the direct extension to Dynamite
In January 2013, Jimbo Smith made the second ascent of Dave Birkett’s routes Double Jeopardy grade (30 trad) on Table Mountain.
Table Mountain Cableway will be closed for annual maintenance for five (5) weeks this year, from Monday 22 July to Sunday 25 August 2013.
“I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but by how high he bounces when he hits bottom” General George S. Patton.
Table Mountain is set to be officially inaugurated as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature this week.
Attacks on the Table Mountain chain and related areas have dropped by at least half compared to the same time last year, the Cape Times reported on Tuesday.
An incident on Sunday 23 September has prompted a general warning to cyclists and runners in the Blockhouse / Rhodes Memorial area
The jury is still out on whether this Cape Town winter is particularly severe, but sun-worshippers take heart: researchers have found that the Table Mountain National Park is now much warmer than it was half a century ago.
At its best, a route name hints at the nature of the route, or encapsulates the story of its opening ascent, or makes reference to a prominent feature found along the way; at its worst, it describes the route’s principal physical feature in unflattering or prosaic terms.
Andy and friends go highlining on Table Mountain.
THE Table Mountain Safety Forum (TMSF) has not met for about five months, but members say this does not mean that the crime situation is being ignored.
Joe Mohle recently sent ‘A Clockwork Orange’ on Table Mountain and removed the bolt.
This past weekend saw over 100 climbers on The Ledge on Table Mountain. With perfect weather and a great venue it is no wonder this was a record number of climbers seen on Table Mountain on any one day!
The Cable Car company has approached the UCT MSC and the MCSA to ask if they would be willing to help clean up rubbish in the hard to reach areas around the top cable car station.
Despite 50 additional Table Mountain National Parks (TMNP) armed rangers deployed to guard against mountain attacks last year, criminals continued to rack up an average of three muggings per month, the Table Mountain Safety Action Group says.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- 3 Days With Ethan Pringle May 20, 2013
- DAVE (with Dave MacLeod) May 20, 2013
- The Essentials of Climbing: Overlooked Items May 20, 2013
- Jan Hojer Training May 20, 2013
- Total black visitors increase in SANParks May 20, 2013
- danie: Awesome stuff! But why do all Euro's and most Ya...
- Chris F: When do we get to see Issue #2?...
- Hilton: Thanks Ebert and Nic!...
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...