A glimpse into the experiences, obstacles and ongoing progression of Tommy Caldwell.
Tag Archives | Tommy Caldwell
EpicTV Weekly: Alex Honnold Interview, Alpinists Jon Bracey & Matt Helliker, Canon Photographer Tyler Stableford
Alpinists Matt Helliker and Jon Bracey go climbing in Alaska, Alex Honnold talks about his record-breaking solo of a Yosemite Triple, speed record of the Nose with Hans Florine, and a free ascent of a Yosemite Triple with Tommy Caldwell.
Tommy Caldwell and Alex Honnold have pulled off an extraordinary feet of endurance free-climbing in Yosemite Valley.
Last month the climber Tommy Caldwell lived on a nylon ledge hung 1,200 feet up El Capitan, the massive sweep of granite that stands sentinel over Yosemite Valley, for more than two weeks.
Tommy Caldwell has abandoned this year’s efforts to free-climb the Dawn Wall, the desperately hard line on the southeast face of El Capitan that he and Kevin Jorgeson have been attempting for several years.
Sonnie Trotter and Tommy Caldwell have established a 15-pitch trad route, The Shining (5.13+), on the Diamond Face on Mt. Louis in the Canadian Rockies.
Due to a freak winter storm Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson have abandoned the Mescalito project on El Capitan in Yosemite.
After three years of planning and months of pitch-by-pitch reconnaissance work, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson have begun their official bid to free climb the Dawn Wall on El Cap. Caldwell and Jorgeson’s 33-pitch line will be arguably the hardest of its kind in the Yosemite Valley.
As of yesterday, Kevin Jorgeson and Tommy Caldwell are back in Yosemite for their second assault of Mescalito, a climb that, when it goes free, will set a new standard for multi-pitch routes.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Alien vs. Predator. a.k.a. a review of the new BD X4 Cams May 21, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Woods, Robinson Repeat The Ice Knife (V15) May 23, 2013
- On the ARk May 23, 2013
- Black Diamond 2013 Tradathon Report May 22, 2013
- Naked Woman Climber High on Mushrooms Rescued Off Third Flatiron May 22, 2013
- Canyoning in the French Alps May 21, 2013
- PaulGoddard: I've got some work to do.......
- John Byrnes: Hi BAbycoat. A good post. Please pardon me, but ...
- Ebert: very well written and displayed, i want some:( ...
- Andrew Porter: Robert, excellent article. You should serioul...
- Richard: Nice one guys, I am certainly intrigued. I’ll ha...