First (of 10) Chapter of the “Eisprinz” Movieblog with Iceclimbing Worldchampion Markus Bendler
Tag Archives | Training
In part one of this mini-series Ned Feehally looks at the basics of fingerboard training from the beginner’s perspective.
My palms are sweating, my breathing erratic, my pulse is racing. I’m gripped from the moment my feet leave the ground. I’m lunging for holds. I’m over-gripping. This is ridiculous. I trust my belayer. This isn’t a difficult grade for me.
So what is mental training? Well there is more to it than just thinking positive. It’s a technique that is not only useful for increasing your confidence and chances of success but it also stimulates the same neural pathways you need to use those muscles.
So this is my slightly over-exaggerated training schedule, would like to do this every day, but there are inconsistencies day to day… Enjoy
The finger board is the best peace of equipment that you could invest into in order to improve your power. You can isolate specific muscles, control the training intensity very well and have a clear picture of your progression and increase in power.
Craig was pumped and needed to make a decision quickly. His last protection was a bolt ten feet down and to his right. He couldn’t see the crack for his next protection placement, but he knew it was just over the bulge above him.
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- Hilton: Thanks Ebert and Nic!...
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...