When I first bolted and started working Helium Dreams at Umgeni Valley, it felt so impossible that I thought it would represent a huge jump in my strength.
Tag Archives | Umgeni
One of South Africa’s top female climbers took some time out in Montagu to chat with us…
I see Faye Brouard and Andrew Scott dumping a rope at the base of Roger Nattrass’s Mango Tango, a 31 (8a+) that Faye has been working on…
Two short clips of Joey Kinder climbing at Umgeni Valley. He even claimed ‘This place is better than Boven!’
It feels incredible to be climbing again, and to be feeling strong and getting on harder routes is really fantastic. The attraction of a hard route is not the grade but the challenge, where the moves require more finesse and flow which I really love.
Simon Lowe has created an RD for the new routes at the Truckyard at Shongweni Dam.
Roger Nattrass has produced a new guidebook that is simply outstanding! All subsequent SA guidebook authors will curse the high standard that he has set for the genre.
We had the opportunity to interview Simon Lowe during his recent visit to Montagu.
He was the first person to climb grade 31 in South Africa, they wanted to take his ropes away for falling too much, spent 20 months in total dirt bagging through the US and now has his sights set on a grade 33!
Find us on Facebook
- Bolt issue on Kalymnos May 2, 2013
- Space Race – a new route on Table Mountain May 6, 2013
- New Cederberg Hiking map – Names update May 3, 2013
- Brian sending ‘Just Behrly’ May 6, 2013
- Jimbo Smith opens Last of the Mohawks on Table Mountain April 30, 2013
- A Himalayan Adventure May 17, 2013
- Activity Permits for rock climbing in the the Table Mountain National Park May 17, 2013
- Montagu locals watching over nature reserves May 17, 2013
- Los Muizenbergos at Topside May 17, 2013
- 2013 Black Diamond Tradathon May 15, 2013
- those search engines: Hello there, I believe your website might be havin...
- Bruno FARA: @BAbycoat This year I have rebolted three old r...
- Emanuele Pellizzari: @BAbycoat At the moment in Kaly they use 304 or 3...
- Nic Le Maitre: Awesome Hilton, glad to hear that you are back cli...
- BAbycoat: My! what a discussion. There seems to be two pa...