FUN Time 20 ****
Start View the topo on the photograph. The route traverses in from the right and the start is marked with a cairn.
- Pitch 1 : (19) 30m Walk left along a ledge system to a cairn. Traverse low below an overhang past a green bush and step down after 5m to end below a steep white face. Climb up the right facing corner and exit left above it to a small ledge with a bush.
- Pitch 2 : (20)35m Climb directly up from the ledge past the thin crux(tiny cam BD C1 or C2). Continue to the large left facing corner and up this to a comfy ledge.
- Pitch 3 : (19)25m Move right and do a tricky stem move in a grey groove and continue diagonally right to the large overhang. Traverse left to a blocky stance
- Pitch 4 (16) 25m and 5: (17) 25m Climb diagonally right to the monster sized pillar and traverse to the right at its base. Continue up and right to a right facing corner and exit diagonally left to a bushy stance. These pitches can be combined.
- Pitch 6 : (14) 20m Climb up and left and up easy rock to a stance below shiny grey rock and easy cracks 15m right.
- Pitch 7 : (17) 25m Climb the crack system to the next ledge and stance
- Pitch 8 : (20) 25m Climb the overhanging jam crack and continue up the steep crack and face to a stance on the right below a right facing corner.
- Pitch 9 : (18) 50m Climb the corner and continue past a short chimney crack above. Continue up the left facing corner and exit left and then find your way to the top
FA: C Edelstein, F Davids and T Firman Summer 2009 FA Pitch 9 "Krakadouw" pitch C Edelstein and Neels Havenga 20 Jan 2010
(See Topo on photograph)