|Walk in||30 minute uphill walk|
|Crag Aspect||Afternoon Shade|
This crag was opened by Tony Lourens and Beth Higgins (in honour of the Frank Zappa). The routes are long. Access: Walk up the track, take the Rose Bowl path on the right and follow for about 10 minutes. In front of a small rock butress follow cairns leftwards through a shallow ravine to gain the top of the ridge. See also SA Mountain Mag Issue #4 for Photo RD.
Start walking up the Rose Bowl Gully, then turn off left and head for the crag on the skyline.
There are two multi-pitch sport routes. You can do any combination of first and second pitches, since the routes are close together, and share a stance halfway up. The second pitches are a bit nicer than the first pitches.
From Left to Right
- Sheik Yerbouti 6c/23 (13B,C) T. Lourens. 2002
- Muffin Remnants 6a+/20 (8B,C) B. Higgins. 2002
- Burnt Weeny Sandwich 6a/19 (12B,C) B. Higgins. 2002
- Central Scrutinizer 6b/21 (12B,C) T. Lourens. 2002
- Weasels Ripped my Flesh ? (6B,C) T. Lourens.
- Sheik Yer Weeny 6c/23 (26B,C) Combination of routes 1 and 3 (total 55m)