CBD 'The Terrace' Boulders are on the slopes of Table mountain just above Tafelberg Road. It's ideal for having an after work session and enjoying a variety of good problems in the lower grade range. Slightly higher than Bright lights so better views. The walk-in is very short and the path is good.
Guide book/ Topo
No guidebook available yet, but there is a PDF (Topo) on the web, ask the other boulderers for it.
From Kloofneck traffic circle/ interchange, drive . Parking/ Path starts here: -33.950603, 18.408304
Walk in is 850m.
Bouldering is possible all year round.
Boulder H: The Terrace
[GPS: -33.952057, 18.407618]
- H1: Flying Circus (6C) FA: Scott Noy
Sit start on the larger of two underclings below a small roof, throw to a good edge for LH and top-out.
- H2-A: Deception Guaranteed (5A)
Sit start with LH on a fat side pull and RH down on a red edge, moving slightly left, RH to an in-cut edge and then LH out to a side-pull in the crack.
- H2-B: Chubba Wubba (5C/6A) FA: C. Tooze 06/06/17
Sit start with LH on a fat side pull and RH down on a red edge. Climb directly up on edges to top out.
- H3: Knopkierie (6A)
Sit start with BH on a white knob, move up to an edge and TO direct.
- H4: Starfish Aliens Ambush (5B)
Sit start under the roof with LH on a small slopey edge and RH on a big slopey edge, RH to a pinch above the lip, then move out left to a small dish on the lip and finish up the slab.
- H5: Atlas' Heavy Burden (5B)
Sit start on a big ledge right of H4 and TO direct.
- H6: Kaula Highway (6A)
Start as for H5 and traverse left along the lip and finish as for H1.
- H6: Life of Brian (4)
Sit start on a low ledge, RH to the rail and then LH up to a jug side-pull.
- H7: Sensation Seekers (6C) FA: Scott Noy
Sit start high in the rail, move up past a pocket to a side-pull and TO direct.
[GPS: -33.952275, 18.407332]
- G1: Alterverse (5A)
Sit start with LH on a slopey ledge and RH on a fat pinch.
- G2: Cosmic Chaos(6A)
Sit start in pockets and TO direct.
- G3: Kwela (6C+) FA: Gareth McAllister
Start as for G2 and climb diagonally right to an edge rail higher, TO direct. Large grips above the start are off.
- G4: On Your Back, and Up Your Ass (6A)
Sit start on a layaway, move up to an edge and TO direct.
[GPS: -33.952338, 18.407373]
- J1: Master Fornicator (7A+/7B) FA: Scott Noy
Sit start on the rail, move straight up to another edge rail and TO.
- J2: Brownian Motion (7A) FA: Scott Noy
Stand start with LH on diagonal side-pull and RH on a good edge side-pull, jump to the lip and TO.
- J3: Anesthesia (7A+) FA: Stewart Noy
Sit start with BH on a crack under-cling, RH up to a slopey ledge and TO.
- J4: Humpty Dumpty (6B/6B+/6C) FA: Stewart Noy
Sit start with BH on an under-cling, move up to grips on the lip, LH to 3's slopey ledge and TO.
- J5: Battle of the Golden Spurs (7A+) FA: Stewart Noy
Start as for 4, LH to grips on the lip, slap RH to a sloper side-pull on the Arete and TO.
- J6: Childhood Wonders (6A+/6B) FA: Stewart Noy
Sit start (sitting on the rock) with BH on an under-cling, Climb straight up to an in-cut grip and climb the left Arete/face to TO.
- J7: Hour of Honour (6A/6A+) FA: Stewart Noy
Climb 6 up to the in-cut grip and then move out right to finish up 8.
- J8: The Righteous Man (5C) FA: Stewart Noy
Sit start with LH on a wide pinch/ side-pull and RH on an edge grip, move up and TO.
- J9: King of the Castle (5C/6A) FA: Stewart Noy
Stand start with LH on a slopey diagonal edge, climb the slab moving slightly right to TO. There is a wimp pocket up left if you loose your cool halfway up.