Very overhanging, ±30 single pitch sport routes. Mostly hard (>23) routes in the Hole itself, but some easier nearby. 30 min walk up to crags.
Steep, long & pumpy. The main crag (the Hole) area is extremely overhanging with good holds. There is another section called the Sideline on the far left of the crag that comprises a few easier routes.
Drive up Boyes Drive, towards Fishhoek. Park your car opposite the stone entrance to the walk up. When parking, be sure to leave two wheels on the road (the rest of the car on the sidewalk). You won't get a ticket if you have two wheels on the road (this allows pedestrians to pass).
Walk up the path. At the contour path turn right and follow the path up the valley. There is a cairn indicating the new path which breaks out right towards the Hole (same path as for Foreign Policy). Walk along this path until you see a good path leading up to the left (with pole steps). Follow the steps up to the Hole (straight takes you to Foreign Policy)
This area has shade all day except in the early morning. The rock takes some time to dry after rain and in winter it often seeps water.
Additional entertainment at The Hole: Take your binoculars; when the shark siren goes off on Muizenberg beach you may be rewarded with a sighting of "Johnny White" getting chased away by the lifesavers.
- #17b Megalodon (26) Andy Davies 2011 (Plum line between Fleur de Mer and Route 66 on hangers)
- #22b Merkin (7b/26) Jamie Smith 2011 (R of LMV)
- Jaws (25) Andy Davies 2009 (start up Tears for Fears but carry on straight where TFF goes right)
- #26 Life Enhancement Programme (8a+/31) FA Joe Mohle 2011; BB Jono Fisher
- #26b ¿¿The Germinator?? (8a/30) FA Nadine Methner 2016; BB Sean Maasch 2010 (ring bolts, veers left at roofs)
- #26c Sweet Prow of Mine (7b+/27) Jason Temple-Forbes 2011 (Same start as 26b branches right through prow)
- #31 Fear Factor (8b+/33) 2007 Clinton Martinengo
November 2014 - 4 new routes at the Sunset wall + 1x project.
From left to right:
- White Russian (23) Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014
- Amaretto (24/25) Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014
- Sambuca (24) Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014
- Lemon Cello (26) Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014
- Triple Sec (27) Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014
- Ouzo (closed project) Bolted by: Jason Temple-Forbes Nov 2014