From the city, take De Waal Drive (M3) in the direction of Muizenberg, at the first traffic light intersection turn right (southwards) into Rhodes Drive (M63) and follow the signs to Kirstenbosch.
Leave the Nursery Ravine path and move up along the foot of the rock, through a clump of trees to a recess, which after 7 meters changes into a long, narrow overhang. This overhang stretches some 20 meters across the bottom section of the buttress. The recess is directly under the left-hand end of the overhang and almost directly under the crack in the top overhang.
1. 21m ‘13’: Climb 5m up the recess, then traverse to the right under the overhang to reach a wide ledge. Walk 5m to the right.
2. 10m ‘9’: Climb a right-angled recess which ends in a crack with a chockstone in it.
3. 11m ‘13’: Climb up into the recess, continue to a small ledge, then traverse around to the left into a deep chimney.
4. 7m ‘9’: Climb a chimney to a ledge under a big overhang. Walk 7m to the left to a notch in the overhangs with a dassie-ledge (a dassie is a small animal) immediately under it.
5. 10m ‘16’: Climb the notch, via the dassie-ledge, and continue up the recess to a stance.
6. 7m ‘9’: Climb a chimney, passing to the left of a projecting flake. There is a stance in the cave.
7. 13m ‘14’: Climb up into the crack, then move out along it to round the overhang. Climb the right-hand one of two recesses above the exit to the crack.
Descent: Walk of to the left to the top of Nursery Ravine.
Heni Snijders & Marie Kotze 28/01/1967
<googlemap lat="-33.983333" lon="18.416667" version="0.9" type="hybrid" zoom="13" width="600" height="600" controls="small" overview="yes"> -33.983333, 18.416667, Nursery Ravine </googlemap>