From the Gallery
“Finally got to Apollo, and it did not disappoint! This classic route on Castle Rocks must have felt pretty frikkin wild in 1969 when it was opened!
Great day out with @juliawakelingbird
Photo & post thanks: Garreth Bird.
Apollo, Ceres Topo downloadable here.
Find Us on Facebook
International Climbing News
- Watch Seb Bouin Do Hard First Ascents at a Lesser-Known French CragIn the first installment of his “Hidden Gems” series, the French rock star does hard first ascents at Thaurac. Never heard of it? It's home… Read more »
- Massive Rockslide Destroys Classic Boulders in Rocky Mountain National ParkOn June 28, a rockslide occurred on the southside of Hallett Peak, destroying classic boulders in Upper Upper Chaos Canyon. The post Massive Rockslide Destroys… Read more »
- Two new big wall routes completed on Alaska's Kichatna SpireTwo new big-wall aid routes reached the rarely visited summit of Kichatna Spire (8,985') in the Alaska Range within the past few weeks. From May… Read more »
- Fast times on Slovak Direct: Two teams speed up one of Denali's hardest routes in a day[As the original story was about to be published, news broke that the route had been climbed even faster. The accounts of each ascent are… Read more »
- Killer Mountain: Death and Rescue on Nanga Parbat in WinterStranded high on Nanga Parbat after an extremely rare winter ascent, Elisabeth Revol and Tomek Mackiewicz were beyond help. Even if a rescue team could… Read more »
- Audacity. Fred Beckey and the Improbable Ascent of Mount Waddington.In 1942 two teenagers set out on one of the boldest adventures of all time: In a sea-to-summit push, they would attempt to climb Mount… Read more »