Silverminor RD (New area at Silvermine Main Crag)

The long awaited RD for the new routes below Silvermine Main Crag (Silverminor).  The routes were opened by Malcolm Gowans and Jason Temple-Forbes.

Access to Silver Minor is from the Main Crag:
*From the open terrace between ‘Cool Hand Luke‘ and ‘No Man’s Land‘, step down and follow the vague path down and left along a ledge, to access the routes.

All routes have been equipped with glue-ins and lower off anchors.

View Online Topo

New crag at Silvermine

Beth Higgins top’ing out on ‘Souldery Bart’ (18) at Silver Minor.  Photo by Malcolm Gowans

9 Responses to Silverminor RD (New area at Silvermine Main Crag)

1. Justin Jun 6, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Nice one guys! Thanks for the additions 🙂

2. Ernesto Jun 6, 2012 at 11:08 am #

So stoked to see new easy grades at Silvermine. Thank you for bolting these routes. I am always extremely aware that the people who bolt this sort of grade climb much harder than the grade so are really doing it for community development and positive vibes. The route names made me laugh as well. Perhaps it would be a good idea to state how many bolts on each route?

3. Toni van Houweninge Jun 6, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Thanks, Guys! Can’t wait to try them out…

4. Cormac Jun 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

They are all really good, esp the 23

5. Derrick Jun 7, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Now all we need is some sunshine so we can go climb these 🙂

6. Malcolm G Jun 16, 2012 at 10:23 am #

These routes need some grade confirmation so please give us your feedback. It would be ideal to keep the grades consistent with Main crag but let’s not let the discount “sport” grades slip in….please 🙂

7. Brent Jun 20, 2012 at 7:42 am #

ok so I am not fit take these comments with a pinch of salt 🙂

17 is pretty hard at the grade probably closer to 18
    the 19 start is hard and I reckon is closer to 21
    the 18 is…well….wtf! I could not get up that start and reckon it be closer to 21/22 as well (maybe harder but in my current state…well who knows) all I can say is those starts are for sure sandbagged!

fun routes though and well done for bolting!!

8. Fede Sep 3, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Well done! Nice bolting!

“Tad Ho” felt like a 23 to me. Really enjoyed the route!. Broke some foot holds though!. But I think that the first move of “Trite quicky” is a 20. “Mong love” might be also harder than 17. 18 sounds better to me.

Thanks!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Silverminor | Silvermine | Cape Hike - Jun 8, 2012

[…] https://www.climbing.co.za/2012/06/silver-minor-rd-new-area-at-silvermine-main-crag/ Related posts:Silvermine CircuitSilvermine / Noordhoek Peak / Blackburn RavineNoordhoek BeachLower Silvermine: Jailhouse RockImprovements to amenities at Silvermine ReservoirShare this:PrintShareEmail 8th June 2012 (Last update: 8th June 2012) | Tags: Silvermine | Category: Silvermine | Leave a comment | […]