When I got an SMS Sat morning saying it was my call to cancel ARF, I almost did!
The thought of having to go through planning another w/e outweighed my bed, which my oh so sexy girlfriend was keeping warm.
It was decided the day before that we would forge ahead whether it was raining or not. After getting loads of opinions (and boy, are there a lot!) on which websites weather patterns where the most accurate I decided on none and went on the wing-it principle. Which failed driving through Newlands, but hey I had my rain jacket and a good attitude.
It seems a good attitude was all that was required as the sun was shining over Silvermine. Once most of the peeps had gathered at the parking lot we divvied out the shiny new bolts and machinery! I was very impressed at the turn out with only 4 people not coming, and additional people pitching up made for a total of about 18 people.
Andy could not make it on the day as was ill, so I took over the management side of things. I learnt a lot and can’t wait to for next time to crank out more routes. Time went very quickly and before we knew it was time to pack up and leave. We managed to re-bolt 4 routes in 5 hrs.
Thanks to all (Ernesto, Craig, Arno, Hilton, Odon, Kevin, Wes, Mike, Max, Yvette, Brian, Crallan) that gave up their time to help the climbing community. Cormac, Malcolm and Andy
Report by Cormac Tooze
Anchor Replacement Fund