1. Anyone and everyone are welcome to join for whichever bits of the SA leg they would like to join for, just organise your own logistics.
2. If you would like to get involved in helping out at all, please let Julia (firstname.lastname@example.org / 082 7557 123) know. E.g. if you would like to host any Brits in CT?
3. The bring-and-braais + slideshows at the MCSA in CT and Jhb will be great events.
4. The nights at Sanddrift will be extremely festive – come and climb and join the campfire!
5. If you would like to buy one of Steve Mcclure’s books (Beyond Limits: A life through climbing), please let Julia know before 15th Feb. He’ll only bring as many as he can pre-sell (finding out the price).
MCSA – BMC Exchange Meet 2016
Many moons (~15 years) ago, the MCSA and the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) held an exchange trad-climbing meet in which knowledge was shared, muscles were bared, beers were drunk and relationships were formed. It was so much fun that Ed February and Snort have decided it is high time for another.
The idea is for 10 BMC climbers to come climb in SA for 10 days (26 February to 7 March 2016) and 10 MCSA climbers to then climb in Wales and the Peak District in the UK (29 April to 10 May 2016).
Costs to you: Travel and food in SA (and potentially bringing your car along for some bits) + your flight to the UK (potential partial sponsorship of some flights) + some rounds of drinks in the UK (don’t underestimate this!). The BMC climbers will have all expenses paid (accommodation, food and transport) once they arrive in SA and be hosted by the SA climbers. Just as we look after the BMC here in South Africa, they will look after us in the UK.
Criteria: Be an MCSA member, be able to on sight Grade 20+ on trad, have your own gear, be psyched, be free for the above dates.
If you are interested, send a short motivation to email@example.com before the
27th November 2015 7th of December.
|Proposed plan for SA portion of the exchange meet|
|Date||Climbing location / activity|
|Fri 26 Feb||BMC arrive in CT|
|Sat 27 Feb||Cederberg (Tafelberg)|
|Sun 28 Feb||Cederberg (Tafelberg)|
|Mon 29 Feb||Cederberg (Wolfberg) / Table Mountain|
|Tue 1 Mar||Table Mountain + MCSA CT clubhouse braai|
|Wed 2 Mar||Yellowwood|
|Thur 3 Mar||Yellowwood|
|Fri 4 Mar||Fly to Jhb and drive to Blouberg|
|Sat 5 Mar||Blouberg|
|Sun 6 Mar||Blouberg|
|Mon 7 Mar||Magaliesberg (Cederberg/Tonquani) + MCSA Jhb clubhouse braai (CityRock)|
Below are a few images from the last ZA / UK Exchange that took place.
All photos courtesy of Jeremy Samson.