The Magaliesberg and Johannesburg Sections of the Mountain Club of South Africa (MCSA) are pleased to inform you that following the successful implementation of the Black Eagle nesting related climbing restriction at Lord of the Rings Sector of Chospile, the same restrictions are now implemented at the Eagle Sector at the Bronkies Crag. This sector was closed completely until now so this is good news.
The club has been carefully monitoring the eagle activity a Bronkies over recent years. In an attempt to encourage nesting the club made a larger nest site for the birds. Despite being seen in the area, they have not nested again this year. We hope that they will return next year (typically in April).
The following rules now apply:
– No climbing (or bolting) if the two signs padlocked to the start and end of the sector are up.
– As part of the plan, all bolting must be approved by the MCSA Johannesburg and Mag Sections (certain parts of the crag must still be avoided).
– For bolting enquiries, please email email@example.com or call him.
– MCSA members will be supplied with hardware at no cost (if their proposal is accepted)
– A minimum donation of R100 to be made by the bolter of each route, per route, to Bird Life South Africa.
The Club will be organizing a bolting and braai day, on Saturday 22nd of October – bring your drill and pick a line. Wors rolls and drinks afterwards.