- Cape Union Mart’s Adventure Film Challenge invites enthusiasts to submit their 5 minute films on outdoor culture by the end of June for this annual competition.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the outdoor community. The winning submission will be screened in South Africa in connection with the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 2018, and the winning film-maker will receive a R10 000 cash prize and K-Way gear to the value of R5000!
Q’s & A’s
Everything you need to know before submitting your adventure film.
How long should my film be?
- Submissions must be no longer than 5 minutes (300 seconds), including titles and credits.
What should the resolution be?
- It would have to be suitable for cinemas and preferably shot at HDTV resolution (1920 x 1080) at either 25 or 50 fps.
When is the submission date?
- Please submit your films by 12:00 on 30 June 2018.
Who will select the winner?
- The winner is selected by an external panel of judges who are involved in the outdoor film scene in South Africa.
What criteria will I be judged on?
– Storyline / subject choice
– Creativity and originality
– Visual composition/ cinematography / technical execution
– Editing / sound and music
– Overall impression