I am now looking for 1 or more experienced hikers/climbers, that would not mind to take me along to show me some routes on the mountain that involve scrambling (and possibly the use of a rope) that I think is better not to do alone for the first time.
First of all, I would really love to do - Ledges - sometime, with someone that knows the route (from Devil's Peak Saddle to Maclears Beacon).
And then possibly, some of the following routes noted down as "B/XX(X) a rope may be necessary" by Tony Lourens) - if I could find someone (or a few people) who'd be keen:
- Blinkwater Ravine
- Grotte Ravine
- Grotto-Fountain-Cairn Traverse
- Mystery B (on the front, to the left of Platteklip) -
I think with my experience I should be well-suited to do these, but I know it's always best to do such routes with someone that is familiar with them.
As for me, I am a quite experienced hiker (and occasional sports climber)
- MCSA members since 2014, a lot of hikes & hut stays.
- I've done lots of routes on Table Mountain, including some 'exciting ones' such as Right Face Arrow Face Traverse, and Kloof Corner Ridge (using the chains); climb to Devils Peak via backside (Knife's Edge & Minor Peak) - which I have no problem with
- I've also done some sports climbing (incl leading) on simpler routes (grade 14-17) at Silvermine, Westlake and the Quarry, and did quite a bit of indoor top-rope climbing at CityRock (grades 16-22 or so).
Many thanks in advance, and best regards,
(living in Gardens, City Bowl)