Loose bolt removed Higgovale Quarry (Advice neede)

Ask. Answer. Discuss. Any bolting related issues.
JoshZA

Loose bolt removed Higgovale Quarry (Advice neede)

Post by JoshZA »

Found a loose bolt of "20% for Woodwork" (far right route at "The Peanut Gallery" wall) halfway up, pulled on it a bit and it came right out. Not sure how to deal with it? Bolt looks to be in good condition perhaps? I don't know much about bolting so I took the bolt but can hand it over to someone that can potentially replace it? Is there an organisation I can hand it over to?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 09.37.54 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 09.37.54.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 09.37.55 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-28 at 09.37.55.jpeg

The Jimmy

Re: Loose bolt removed Higgovale Quarry (Advice neede)

Post by The Jimmy »

Thanks Josh, ARF will make work of it. Glad it was spotted before anything serious happened.

On the upside the bolt looks perfect considering it was placed in 2008 :P
JoshZA

Post by JoshZA »

The Jimmy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am Thanks Josh, ARF will make work of it. Glad it was spotted before anything serious happened.

On the upside the bolt looks perfect considering it was placed in 2008 :P
Thanks :) That's great. If you can reuse the bolt let me know and will figure out a way to get it to you guys :)
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Can I request that if someone replacing that bolt at higovale quarry that they can put anchors up for poppies route (furthers rights on the polling booth). I was there awhile ago and was about to give the route a go when some guys told me the rock with the anchors fell out about a year ago. I am not sure if they have actually been replaced since but I was not able to spot any anchors from the bottom when I was last there.