WANTED: Rock Exotica/Wren Silent Partner

Do you have gear to sell? Looking for gear? Wanted & For Sale. Post it here.
Pictures will help you sell your gear faster.
BronwynT

WANTED: Rock Exotica/Wren Silent Partner

Post by BronwynT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Hey everyone! We had our Silent Partner stolen (a bag was nicked from outside our house while we were loading, probably not even climbers (RAGE WEEP RAGE)) and now we are desperately trying to replace it in time for a project development we had planned up in Namibia in about a months time. Currently writing this from the UK but will pay for shipping from anywhere at this point, either up to here or to Namibia (where my folks live).

Basically the project is a big multi-pitch lead solo development objective on the SouthWest wall route of Spitzkoppe. For those who haven't made it up there to climb, it's a slabby granite route, about 400m, next to another mixed trad/sport route we set up there last year. Its ambitious but this year the plan is for my partner to try and develop the neighbouring slab completely solo, ground up. I can't be there to belay this time round, but am hoping to document some of the projecting between my own fieldwork I am doing simultaneously.

Basically we are desperate to try and find someone, anyone, who is willing to part with their SP. We know of all the alternative systems, we even have some of them, but the SP is what we think will be most safe given the terrain and scale of the project. Here in the UK they sometimes come up on Ebay, but time is short now and we are getting worried that we wont be able to find one within our budget before the trip.

If you or anyone you know might have one either to sale or loan (with a deposit/contract to ensure its return), please please hit me up. I know that others have posted sales on here towards end of last year, and am really hoping someone might be willing to hit me up with a reply soon, given our time restraints! Hit me up with an email or direct message, and happy to also answer any questions about the proposed route and plan!

In eternal gratitude, Bronwyn

Tristan

Re: WANTED: Rock Exotica/Wren Silent Partner

Post by Tristan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi Bronwyn

I have one you guys can borrow, the catch being that I am currently in The Alps, and the SP is in Cape Town. If you have a means to get someone to swing by Bloc11 bouldering gym - out of which we operate - I can have it ready for collection. Mail works best - tristan (at) vertigogear.co.za or drop me a contact via www.vertigoadventures.co.za (there's whatsapp deets there too)
www.trystanfirman.com | www.vertigoadventures.co.za

BronwynT

Post by BronwynT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Dear Tristan, you are a legend, thank you so much. Will send you a mail now...

Hector

Post by Hector » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 am

Bronwyn, please post details of the route you put up last year? Any new route on that wall is a big achievement!
Ground-up solo new route even more so. Best of luck

BronwynT

Post by BronwynT » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi Hector! Yes we have a topo we drew up, will post it on the wiki? So far as I know a (clean) second assent is still up for grabs!

Hector

Post by Hector » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Please do post the topo on the wiki. Plus for any other new routes you've done there.
And let us know how the solo mission goes!