Blue nut left behind on Crack of Dawn - Lakeside Pinnacle

Did you forget you favourite boots at the crag? Or, did you find some quickdraw on the 4th bolt of some route?
Heinrich1981

Blue nut left behind on Crack of Dawn - Lakeside Pinnacle

Post by Heinrich1981 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Good day everyone,

Yesterday at Lakeside I was practising my gear placements while top roping the route "Crack of Dawn" at Lakeside Pinnacle. I managed to get my one nut/wire so stuck that I couldn't retrieve it, despite all my efforts. The reason was most probably due to the fact that the nut was placed in a crack that was more parallel (cam placement would have been better), compared to a crack with an obvious bottle neck/constriction (lesson learned).

It is a blue CAMP nut (about halfway up "Crack of Dawn"). If anyone manages to retrieve it, I would greatly appreciate it if you contact me at 0722 844 097. In the event that anyone manages to retrieve it for me, we can agree on a reward as a way of showing my appreciation (drinks/milk shake at the "Toad on the Road" maybe:)).

It is severely stuck, so don't waste too much energy trying to retrieve it. It can always be left behind in the crack and used as a permanent piece :)

Kind regards.

Heinrich