Indoor climbing churches

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Is Climbing your religion?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:50 pm

YES
90%
NO
No votes
HOW DARE YOU!
10%

Total votes: 10

Grey25

Indoor climbing churches

Post by Grey25 »

I'm missing climbing so much, It always was a great retreat and feel like it was my weekly moment of solace, almost like going to church.

I see that all the other churches and places of worship are now allowed to open... surely CityROCK and other indoor climbing gyms can open????

Is anyone from the gyms reading this? Can you officially become a place of worship?
Places of worchip Zapiro.jpeg
Places of worchip Zapiro.jpeg (75.18 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
AndrewV

Re: Indoor climbing churches

Post by AndrewV »

Well, I'm ready and happy to go worship every day!!!
AndrewV

Post by AndrewV »

Also, I call dibs on being High Priest!!!!
SNORT

Post by SNORT »

Law avoidance or law evadence?

That is the question.

Are the owners and managers of the gyms prepared to risk arrest and a criminal record?

And are the believers who attend on a given day when the church may be raided prepared to risk arrest and a criminal record.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................????????????????????????????????????

Methinks some deep pockets will be needed to legally defend the churches and the church goers......

I can just sense the lawyers rubbing their hands together and already drafting their proforma accounts and putting in offers for a holiday house or a new Ferrari.

Let's just say that if any of these churches rise up, the social distancing and other criteria for preventing Covid19 transmission must be absolutely stringent and enforced.

This is very difficult to achieve.

The Heavenly church of the Mountain Club with mostly educated and "intelligent" people are poos piss poor at complying when walking and hiking on Table Mountain. Masks are not worn, dogs touch everything and everyone and each other. Social distancing is anything but complied with.

People walk abreast and do not keep to left so that others can pass safely. People walk and gather in groups to chat.

And cyclists spray there breath in a trail of 10m behind them.

And climbers touch the holds and ropes and gear of their buddies.

It remains to be seen what happens by the 14th of June, when it is two weeks after Lockdown 4 ended.

I am not optimistic.
AndrewV

Post by AndrewV »

1 x How Dare You - apparently we have a heretic in our midst!!